Monday, 6 January 2014

Dior Cherie Bow Palette

 

 After many months of fantasising and lusting after it, I decided to buy myself the Dior Cherie Bow Palette as a Christmas gift to myself. I went halves with my nan, which still meant forking out £25 (work that one out!). I fought myself over it weighing the pros and cons, why on earth a make up palette could be worth £50 and whether I must truly be mental for considering it. Right up until placing the order online I had a tiny bit of doubt.


 Since receiving it and using it, I have zero regrets. The palette is mirrored at the back, with a faux snap clasp complete with little pearls and a magnetic closure. It's a fair weight and I can imagine myself having the same reaction to dropping a baby as I would if this were to slip put of my hands onto hardwood floor *shudder*. It comes with adorable mini applicators, complete with Dior motif. It comes in two colour sets; Rose Poudre and Rose Perle. I chose the former, as it's more versatile, but I imagine Perle is equally as stunning and unabashedly girly.


In the palette is a shell pink with a pearlescent finish, possibly my favourite eye shadow ever because of the stunning pick me up effect on my lids. This can be worn smoked out or alone to brighten the face. See? Versatile! Next is a light grey with a lilac undertone, then a brown-toned dark grey for definition. I really like the addition of the pressed gel liner in the palette for smudging across the lash line. Another clever addition to the palette is the tiny metal door protecting the peach pink gloss from shadow fall out.



 The fresh look is perfect finished with the shimmery gloss and it truly is a pleasure to wear. I don't need eyelid primer when using the shadows as they last all day and the gloss doesn't budge for a good five hours (I even had a nap with it on). The quality of the make up ensures the staying power, perfect for taking away travelling with you for a full face of Dior in a handy palette.




You can find the Cherie Bow Palette at Escentuals. Thanks for reading!

Blog Lovin' Instagram Facebook Twitter Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Feel free to leave your link so I can see what you're up to!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...