Friday, 17 January 2014

Bookish A To Z Quiz


Author you've read most books from: Ian McEwan, JK Rowling and Linwood Barclay
Best sequel ever: Scarlett by Alexandra Ripley...just kidding! Probably Through The Looking Glass by Lewis Carroll.
Currently reading: And The Mountains Echoed by Khaled Hosseini, his books are like a journey in exotic places so can't wait to read more.
Drink of choice while reading: Loose leaf tea in my Cath Kidston mug!
E Reader or physical book? E Reader. Sorry! I like the freedom to download any book I want instantly and seeing my percentage change as I go through the book. Plus you can read in pitch black.
Fictional character you would have dated in high school: I would liked to have dated Callum from Noughts And Crosses, but would probably have ended up with someone unattainable and aloof like Rhett Butler.
Glad you gave this book a chance: I was leant a book series called 'Ring' by a friend, I got so absorbed in the story I felt lost and missed the characters when it was over. Those are always the best books.
Hidden gem book: Watership Down, not just a children's book!
Important moment in your reading life: My mum reading The Lion The Witch And The Wardrobe as a child. My fondest memories are of reading.
Just finished: The Hobbit! I only regret leaving it so long to finally read it.
Kind of books you wont read: Anything too light and fluffy like a chick lit.
Longest book you've read: Oh god, maybe Gone With The Wind?
Major book hangover because of: Harry Potter was the worst! I dedicated eight years of my life to that series, so closing the last book was very difficult. 
Number of book cases you own: Two, one in my house, one on the Kindle :)
One book you've read multiple times: I've re-read a few of my Marilyn Monroe biographies a few times.
Preferred placed to read: I would say my bed, but then I fall asleep so next best place is the couch under a snuggie.
Quotes that inspire you: "You Don't Have to Be Pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your 
boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't 
owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked "female"."
Reading regret: I wish I'd never bothered with The Catcher In The Rye!
Series you started and need to finish: Lord Of The Rings, would also like to re-read The Lion, The Witch And The Wardrobe.
Three of your all time favourite books: It changes all the time, but Watership Down, Breakfast At Tiffanys and The Secret Garden.
Unapologetic fan girl for: The Time Traveller's Wife, Harry Potter and Beatrix Potter.
Very excited for this release: Doctor Sleep by Stephen King
Worst bookish habit: Having unread books on my bookshelf yet still buying more!
X marks the spot, start at the top left of your bookshelf and pick the 27th book: That's my boyfriend's section! Down And Out In Paris by George Orwell.
Your latest book purchase: The Complete Works Of Jane Austen for 12p on Kindle!
Zzz snatcher book (last book that kept you up way late): No Time For Goodbye by Linwood Barclay. Apparently getting to the end of the book was more important than sleep that night!

Blog Lovin' Instagram Facebook Twitter Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Feel free to leave your link so I can see what you're up to!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...